Tuesday 12 January 2010

The straw that broke the camel's legs

I'd started getting use to a lie in over the last 3 days.  That was pattern rudely interrupted this morning at 6:20. In the pool for 7:15, supposed to be a club session but I was the only one there for the first half hour.  So I made it up as I went a long with a big session in mind.  1000m of warm up including 350m of kick drills and 300m worth of fists and float touch drills.  Then the main session, this didn't go too badly, a 10x200m set going off 4 minutes. That might have been a bit generous on the timing front.  For the first few I came in on 3:20, slipping to 3:30 ish towards the end.  Seems my speed is coming back again, which is quite nice as the focus on distance should be better.  I think my stroke is improving too, I'm pretty sure that I'm bending my arm less now.  I was feeling pretty good after this set, so I thought I'd do another 150m kick set.  I didn't feel to bad getting out the pool, well relatively.  Walking up and down the stairs at work however was a different matter.  Today was dead leg day, that last set was the proverbial straw.  Hey, ho, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.  Tomorrow is another day and will more than likely be just as tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment