Monday 18 January 2010

Rest and a run.

Sunday's brick session never materialised.  My shoulder injury caught up with me, I went to the library to get a book and the process of carrying it home (it was 900+ pages, 20min walk) seemed to agravate it again.  So I binned all training and focussed on 'the thesis' instead.  Likewise I binned swimming this morning just in case, it seems fine this evening so I have a go tomorrow morning.

Not wanting to be lazy for too long I went to the club run session, intervals tonight. They were a set of 0.5K, 1K, 0.5K, 1K, 0.5K runs.  I was quite pleased with my performance, it's good to have someone to push yourself against sometimes.  According to the Garmin I ran all the 0.5K efforts at above 15kph, sustaining 17-18 in the final one!  My HRmax was a bit disappointing, only getting 172, but hey that is something to test a bit harder one day, the RPE was 9-10 though.  The other bonus of the Garmin is that I can analyse my HR recovery, with 1 minute figures in the region of 25-30% of what I think my HR max is.  Now according to coach Troy figures of 20-30% are "Awesome".  It also seems figures in that ball park mean i'm unlikely to have a heart attack, which I'm a bit young for anyway but hey.

So 7K run all in all today, a good session, and back to the pool tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment